Friday, April 13, 2007

Slight Amendment - TMNT

Alright, so maybe I'm not a TMNT expert. Jordan, in his infinite wisdom (big eye roll), has informed me that the originals I was referring to really weren't the originals. Apparently, the more recent TMNT series and movie were based on the original TMNT comic book, whereas the ones I had deemed as original were just loosely based off of it. Now, I'm not going back on what I said, but I am willing to admit I was not well informed on this stuff. However, I still feel that the original series and movie, watered-down for kids as they may have been, were good. I've seen some of the more recent series that is supposedly based on the comic book. I tell you, I didn't care for it. As for the new movie, I guess I'll wait to see it before I pass judgement, but somehow, I doubt it's in any way as good as my nerdy-as-hell roommate insists it is. I don't know, maybe I'll find copies of the comics and read those. He claims the comic is pretty hardcore. However, it seems the new series and movie are still sort of aimed at kids, so I don't see how they are any closer to the original product than the series and movies that I grew up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment