Saturday, June 30, 2007

On Rogue Galaxy: Jordan, read this.

Between my busy work schedule and my busy laying-around-doing-nothing schedule, I've been playing Rogue Galaxy off and on. I tell you, I'm really enjoying it so far. But, more importantly, I have a message regarding that.

Jordan, if you are reading this, you must play Rogue Galaxy if you have not already done so. This RPG was practically made for you.

  1. The combat system is very sweet. It's an action RPG, and the fighting system strongly resembles a Legend of Zelda game. I know you're a Legend of Zelda fan, so I think you'll get a kick out of this. Seriously, Jaster even has Link's sword-spin move. Plus, even though the action gets a little repetitive after a while, the variety of bad guys makes it so you have to change up your strategy for each new area, and that really keeps things fresh.

  2. While the whole cast is standard RPG fare, there are several characters that really remind me of the Venture Bros. For instance, there's a villian you meet a little ways into the game that looks a hell of a lot like Baron Werner Ünderbheit. On top of that, he has two inept guards working for him: one short fat one with a geeky voice, and a tall skinny one with a kind of monotone droning voice. Sound familiar?

  3. One of the first guys to join your party is a robot named Steve. I shit you not.



So, there you have it. Rogue Galaxy was created specifically for Jordan Church. So, if you are Jordan Church, I would recommend you go get yourself a copy, or at least rent it for a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment