Monday, September 29, 2008

You'll Go Blind Doing That...

So, I've been playing with my Wii. The only real game I have for it right now, aside from WiiSports/WiiPlay which really don't count, is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Awesome game, but I feel a bit silly with this being the only Wii game I play. It's on the Wii, but it doesn't use any of the Wii motion-sensing abilities. Which, to me, feels like owning a Ferrari and sitting in the driveway listening to the radio. I mean, if all you want is a radio, there's a more cost-efficient way to go about it.

I don't even use the Wii controls for Brawl; I use a gamecube controller. Now, for those of you who have never owned a Wii or closely inspected one, you might not know that on the top, there are two little plastic covers. These open up to reveal a black panel with a set of controller ports and memory card ports for the Gamecube. I think most Wii owners can attest to the fact that this discovery surprised the hell out of them the first time they hooked the system up. Being a stark contrast to the console's white exterior, it kind of looks like they took a black Gamecube and magically jammed it into a little white box.

Here's something else you might not know: those little white covers break off very easily. I found that out the hard way. Actually, they're supposed to come off, and are designed to do so, but when they do, it makes a bone-chilling snapping sound. Believe me, that's not a sound you want to hear coming from your $200 game console, especially if you're like me and didn't bother to mail in the warranty card.

No comments:

Post a Comment