Thursday, February 07, 2008

Open Letter to John McCain

Dear Mr McCain,

I have noticed in the past week that you have been doing quite well in the Republican primaries. There is a strong chance that you will be the next president of the United States, or at least the Republican candidate for 2008. Although I do not plan to vote on you, I would like to congratulate you on your success so far, and wish you all the best in the future.

Now, to the reason I am writing. Approximately one year ago, advertisements for your 2008 presidential campaign started appearing on a forum I frequent, located at urbandead.proboards52.com. These advertisements were seen on almost every page, and people were beginning to wonder if you had personally bought the forum. This eventually became a running joke, or meme if you will. Myself and other staff members even went so far as to edit the forum word filters, so that all censored words and phrases would be replaced by your name. Soon, everyone on the forum came to associate your name with foul language and rampant stupidity. These things have, at least in the realm of cyberspace, increased your exposure and made you more widely recognizeable.

The point I am getting to is, I believe that I and the other members of the forum were responsible in some part for your campaign success so far. For the time being, we offer this exposure free of charge. However, in the event of your victory in the election this fall, myself and the rest of the staff will assume responsibility for said victory, and will request advertising compensation in the form of a check for no less than $2000.00 USD.

Thank you for your attention, and good luck in the coming election.

Best regards,
Dan Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment