Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On Mental Illness

A topic I am overqualified to discuss. I'll just let you know, I've increased my medication recently. There haven't been any very obvious effects yet. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, I was just thinking, why do people always think I'm crazy just because I talk to myself? That's just wrong. I mean, I am crazy, but that's besides the point. Talking to yourself doesn't make you crazy. It just means you like to hear what you're thinking out loud. Scientists do it all the time.

So, to clear up the confusion, here's a simple reminder. The next time you see someone talking alone, consult this list.
If they are...
  • talking to themselves,

  • --- They are not crazy. In fact, they're probably smarter than you.

  • talking to someone who isn't there,

  • --- They're crazy, but probably not dangerous.

  • talking to an animal,

  • --- See above.

  • talking to someone inside their own head, and that person is talking back,

  • --- Run. Fast.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:40 PM

    the problem is that you can only hear the muttering if you were easily understood saying 'Yes yes...now carry the twoooooo' but instead you're like 'mhrmrmrrmr i dont....see ...there...bumr eareoagh no noer no no... this doesnt...fuuuck fuuuuck... i ... sherrin...razzm....murder...urrrgh.'

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete