Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today, May 20th

Someone had the audacity to create a holiday called Everybody Draw Mohammed Day. The idea is to show defiance against the threats of religious fanatics by publicly breaking that doctrine that says you're not supposed to depict the prophet Mohammed in any way. This is obviously an emotionally-charged issue, and I want no part in the drama that would ensue from such actions.

On an unrelated note, I recently started drawing again. I have to practice for an art contest on TinierMe. I started off with a simple doodle, which you can see below:



Now, I know what you're thinking: this isn't a very good drawing of Santa Claus. I know, but it's my first try, so I think that's pretty good all things considered. I still want some more opinions on my drawing abilities as they are now, so I'm going to post the image to Facebook as well, and I encourage my readers to share it with anyone you'd like.

That's about it for now. Take care, my dear readers. Blessings and peace be upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment