Friday, March 15, 2013

Just a couple of updates first

Before I dive into the subject I meant to opine on today, I have some brief updates.

First, I've been having more interviews lately, and have another on Monday, so I may yet find full-time employment soon, but even if I don't, I've signed on with a staffing company so I can start doing temp work. Data entry might not be exciting, but it's probably better than what I could be doing otherwise.

Also, I've been toying with an idea to write a book about my faith. It still surprises some people to hear that I identify myself as Christian. Well, it's understandable. There are certainly enough religious people in this world that I do not see eye-to-eye with. The way some of them talk about their religious beliefs has made me decidedly reluctant to associate myself with the term Catholic. Anyway, I've been thinking about writing a full-length book about my own experiences with faith, my previous crises with it, and the way in which I have resolved my views today. I mean, we don't seem to hear very much in the news and media from religious people who think the true wisdom of the Bible can't be grasped by getting hung up on the literal translation of individual verses. We don't seem to hear much from people whose faith brought them humility. And we don't hear much from Christians who want us to love and accept homosexuals. Well, maybe we should.

Of course, the obvious downside is finding people who would even want to read such a thing. I doubt conservative Catholics would want to hear my thoughts on our religious and moral differences, and atheists undoubtedly don't care about my experiences with faith. So, what's the target audience here? Would any of you be interested in reading a book like that? If so, please let me know, because at the moment I'm unsure if there is any point in writing it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment