Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Time to bitch and moan

I'm bored and irritated, so I'm going to do what I do best: complain. Feel free to skip this post.

Once again I was able unable to get a decent night's sleep, but was luckily able to make it to my 8:00am class without use of my alarm. I actually woke up around 5:45 and couldn't get back to sleep. Normally, I'd blame such things on stress/sleeplessness, but on this particular occasion, I think the most likely culprit would have to be the construction worker operating the jackhammer right outside my window at 5:45 in the fucking morning. Oh, lying in bed listening to that for an hour sure was a joy.

The walk to classes today was equally unpleasant, as it's been pouring all day. The weather has been lousy as hell all week. It hasn't stopped raining since Monday night, and apparently isn't going to until later this week. I also don't have my umbrella, which means I've been walking around soaking wet most of the day. Makes me wonder what the point of showering last night was. My frustration has naturally led to some violent thoughts, but I can't purge them in the realm of video games because I don't have a tv yet. Obviously, that means no cable as well. I've been so bored, I actually did some homework that isn't due until Thursday. Clearly, this is a sign of desperation.

I considered doing this other assignment where I have to write a short essay introducing myself to the instructor of my Statistics class (whom I can already tell I'm going to hate), but she really didn't give us any guidelines for it, which is among the more irritating things you can do to me. I can't stand not having clear direction. I love it when people give me freedom to do my own thing, but not in the realm of schoolwork. If you don't tell me what you want, all it results in is me getting a bad grade because what I gave you isn't what you wanted. It happened in IS Concepts, and it'll happen again.

Lastly, I've had the regular losing faith in myself and the rest of humanity thing going on lately, but I'm waiting until the anniversary of 9/11 to finish and publish that piece. I figure it's only appropriate, considering it's a central part of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment