Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Source of the Problem - Stress-aholic



I've given it some thought, and I have come to realize I tend to play a lot of games that involve killing things. Two of my all-time favorite games are Mercenaries and God of War. Also, there's my whole fascination with the blood and gore that has become so readily available in movies these days. When it comes right down to it, I think it's about stress release. I'm a busy guy, and for some reason I always seem to feel like I have the weight of the world pressing down on me, whether what I do is in any way important or not. I'm a stress-aholic.

I get very little sleep, and work hard in classes I have very little interest in. It's more than that, though. Even in the summer when there was no class, I always had something to stress out about. Getting a job, driving my little sister to her riding lessons, getting out of bed. It all just weighed on my mind. I actually disappeared from UD and the Internet in general for weeks at a time in search of relief, but never found it. At the rate I'm going, it seems like I'm always going to be stressed out. It bothers me, since stressing out just wastes time and causes more stress. I've been trying to write a book lately, but have scarcely found the time to work on it between classes, UD, homework, and trying to get some sleep.

I have had a good amount of time lying in bed awake at night to think about it. Ultimately, stress is not caused by actual events in my life. As was stated earlier, even in relatively relaxing environments, I tend to stress out over little things. When it comes right down to it, I'm just making myself miserable with a negative, stressed-out state of mind. The only real solution is to find a way to relieve all that tension that just keeps building up, because videogames and bad sci-fi movies don't cut it.

Bottom line: I desperately need to get laid.

I'll admit, that's probably news to no one, but that doesn't make it any less true.

{Special Note: I did not make and do not own rights to that image at the top of the post. I also don't know who made it, but whoever you are, you are awesome. Please don't sue.}

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:27 AM

    hey hey can we have one of those little stereotypical roomate things where I attempt to get you laid in a hilarious but embarassing fashon?

    Of course stereotypically it will just make us look like douchebags...

    but hey if I can get a girl anyone can right?

    ReplyDelete