Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Update: FCR.com

In hindsight, I may have been a bit harsh on FreeCreditReport.com and Triple Advantage. Despite my difficulties with Customer Care, I have been pretty happy with the email updates and report details I've gotten. In a last ditch effort at parting civilly, I've sent an email to the support center. This is an actual copy of the email I sent them:

"Now, I recently contacted Customer Care about canceling my membership. This was back in December, and the person I talked to advised me to wait and take advantage of the remaining month of service I had paid for. Well, I have waited and checked my report again, but now I really need to cancel my membership. I do not dislike the service I have received, but my current financial situation makes it extremely difficult for me to keep up with the monthly payments. So, I think it would be best if my membership with Triple Advantage was discontinued.

Thank you for your attention, and I you can take care of this for me soon.

Sincerely,
Dan Mayer

~~Halfway between the gutter and the stars~~"

Aside from the grammar issue at the end there, I think I was very professional. I hope they respond to me in kind. On the off chance you care, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment