Monday, November 19, 2007

Revisiting Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

I really wish this show was still being aired regularly on Sci-fi. They only played a few episodes on the Sci-fi channel, and at weird hours at night. I'm guessing they stopped it for lack of ratings. Since then, it's apparently been picked up by Adult Swim, but I can never watch that stuff. Aside from the fact that I might not be awake when the show's on, their scheduling confuses the hell out of me.

Plus, I have kind of a love-hate relationship with their regular programming. I can't figure out how they decide what shows to air and what shows to scrap. It seems like they managed to pick the strangest possible combination of comedic genius and utter crap. I mean, really, how do they do that? Who the hell makes a bologna sandwich with Sargento cheese on toasted Ciabatta bread? Who the hell serves Filet Mignon with a side of diced hot dogs and macaroni and cheese?

Anyway, my personal pet-peeves aside, Darkplace is quite entertaining, particularly if you're a fan of bad sci-fi shows that pretend to be really good/edgy, and the irony that lies therein. The title link of this post leads to Adult Swim's website where you can watch an episode of Darkplace on demand. If you're in the mood for something a little "out there", I'd suggest checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment