Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mom's baking again...

It must be almost Christmas.

Mom's baked goods are easily my favorite part of Christmas. Cookies, fudge, snowballs, and the occasional pie. By the way, for those who haven't heard of them, snowballs are basically little balls of dough smothered in powdered sugar. They're delicious, and I'm pretty sure they have the power to cure diabetes.

Also, I'm getting back to work on weekends. You know, the Meals on Wheels thing. I guess they lost a couple people, so they needed someone to do a route. However, this weekend I couldn't work on Sunday because of the snowstorm. Which sucks, since SUNYIT hiked their tuition and I now owe another $775 dollars. Now, I can't decide which of those to rant about, so how about both at once?

I hate New England winters, man! The people at the bursar's office are nice and all, but they need to get their shit together. It's like 17 degrees outside, and at least two and a half feet of snow on the ground, just from this weekend. You know, I've been pissed at them ever since the start of the semester when I almost didn't get housing because they never even checked for the damn paperwork. And the roads are positively awful, especially in the morning. Plus, they increased the tuition after my room went from a triple to a double, but didn't add the charges until after I had taken out a loan to pay the balance for my room in the first place. I know, it's New England and I should be used to driving in slush and shit by now, but I'm really not. And now I have to deal with this stupid tuition hike, which is worsened because I never borrowed enough money in the first place to pay for everything. I swear, I'm moving someplace temperate as soon as I get the chance. Thus, you can see why I need to work: I need the money. Or maybe I'll have two homes, one in northern England for summertime, and one in Florida for winter.

Alright, I'm all ranted out. I'll see you cats and dogs sometime after Christmas. I'll probably waste a lot of time playing Warioland: Shake It! on the Wii. I'm getting it for Christmas. I know this, because I bought it for myself, and my psycho mother won't let me buy things for myself at Christmastime; it has to be a gift from some family member who gave me a check.

Oh, and just as a reminder, I'll be doing my Festivus celebration publicly this year. At least, as publicly as this blog or a Facebook note can get. There are no doubt some grievances to be aired. That, and I need to do Feats of Strength for once. Schunk, what are you doing on the 23rd?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    you live in a temperate zone, numbnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tem⋅per⋅ate [tem-per-it, tem-prit] –adjective

    moderate in respect to temperature; not subject to prolonged extremes of hot or cold weather.

    ^ I and my dictionary beg to differ. And yes, my nuts are a bit numb.

    ReplyDelete