Monday, December 01, 2008

Facebookers I'd like to punch in the face:

Specifically, the people who are sending around these idiotic 'forward this or get banned' messages. Just when I thought the monster was dead, it's come back in a new and surprisingly grammatically-correct form:

"It has come to our attention that some people are using facebook for purposes other than that for which it was intended. Certain people have been using software called "post bot". Therefore we will require that you forward this to all your friends. We will then log your account information to separate you from the people that are running automatic post bots on our site.

If you fail to forward this, it may mean that your account will be banned.

Thank You
Facebook Staff"

...No. Just, no. If you fell for this the first time, it's forgivable, but these have been going around for a long time now, and I think it should be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain stem that these messages are fake. There is not going to be any mass account purge on people who fail to send a chunk of text to all their friends. The reasons why have been explained time and again.

Furthermore, I've made a firm decision that from now on, whenever I receive one of these from someone, I'll be immediately removing them from my friends list. I don't care if we're classmates; I have enough stupidity in my life already, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment