Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Obituary: Janet Ferguson

After that long-winded rant of mine, I figured this deserved its own post.

I just heard last night that Craig Ferguson's mother passed away on December 1st. This is a sad event in Craig's life, for sure, but he was back to do the Late Late Show this past Monday night, one week later. (You can probably find clips on YouTube by now).

In being true to himself, though, the bulk of the show was dedicated to talking about his mother, which I found very endearing. He still wants to put on a good show for everyone, but he's not the kind of guy who'll show up for work after his mom passed away and act like it didn't bother him. I really respect him for that, and my heart goes out to him.

Now, unfortunately, I couldn't find a decent picture of her for this, but I did find this video from the show, so I figure it's just as good. This is from 2005 when she went to LA to visit Craig after he got his new gig as late night talk show host. While she was there, she got to see the sights as she was treated to a nice day out with Rza of the Wu Tang Clan.

Yes, you read that right.

~~~~~

Janet "Netta" Ferguson



August 3, 1933 - December 1, 2008

Rest in Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment