Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Lunch Rant

Today I surprised myself with just how much sheer weight in food I can eat, considering what a small guy I am. I'm not sure why I ate so much, since I didn't miss breakfast or anything, but nonetheless I was hungry. The entire meal consisted of the following:

-A bagel with cream cheese
-A turkey and cheese sandwich with mayonaise on white bread
-An apple (it keeps the doctor away)
-A slice of chocolate cake with vanilla frosting
-A slice of chocolate cream pie
-A glass of fruit punch

Damn, I'm getting hungry just reminiscing about it! For a little guy like me, that is a lot of food, but I ate it all.

Originally, I was only going to have the cake for desert, but then I saw that pie. Considering it was found in the Marist dining hall, it was some incredibly good looking pie. It wasn't even mutilated and falling apart like the dining hall pie usually is. There was just this one slice, perfectly cut to approximately a 50 degree, with no rough edges or parts where the crust fell apart. On top of that, it was perfectly topped with whipped cream, something that I can only assume was coconut shavings, and surrounded by a heavenly glow with an angelic choir singing in the background. I just couldn't help myself.

Granted, I've been feeling rather sick all afternoon, but I think it was well worth it. Infected with salmonella or otherwise, that was the best slice of pie I have eaten in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment