Thursday, February 01, 2007

Exo-politics

In 2008, for the first time, I will be voting for the next president of the United States. The problem is that I'm not sure who I'll be voting for. I'm trying to stay relatively informed and keep my eyes open for good candidates. So far, I have at least two that I think I could vote for, but I'm not 100% sure on either one, and if it came down to the two of them, I don't know who I'd go with. Here's a little breakdown of my feelings for the both of them.

---Hillary Clinton:---
Pro: Hillary has previously stated her position on several issues that are important to me; Regulation of the gaming industry, Net Neutrality. She seems like her priorities are in order at least in those respects that are important to a social outcast like myself. She's not perfect, but we could definitely do worse.

Con: I can't prove it, but I think she may have actually been responsible for what happened to Bill Clinton. Not only did she know about his encounter with Lewinsky, I think she orchestrated it. Bill was getting a little too cocky, so she decided to put him in his place. That's pretty diabolical. She's smart for sure, but I don't know if we really want a devious person in the white house. Then again, considering the current administration, it wouldn't be unprecidented.

---Barrack Obama:---
Pro: He's just a smart guy. I know he's smart because he allowed me to watch CSPAN for the first time in my life. Normally, I can never watch that boring crap, but I was actually able to watch it when I was flipping through channels and saw Barrack on CSPAN. I watched for a good 15 minutes while he talked, and I wasn't bored. I think the reason for this is because he understands how normal argument is supposed to be. He says what he believes, and why he believes it. Simple as that. There's no unnecessary fluff and filler. He makes good points and supports them well. On top of that, he has proven in the past that he knows not to take himself too seriously. He's been on the Colbert Report. He has a sense of humor, and he knows when to joke around and when to be serious. That's a very good quality to have. Beyond all that, he just has an intangible likeability to his character that makes you think he knows what he's doing.

Con: I think he might be the antichrist. Just putting it out there. I mean, isn't he just a little bit too likeable? I don't know about you, but I don't really want to aid in the apocalypse, so it might be wiser to not vote for him. Then again, the world's going to shit pretty fast already, so maybe it wouldn't affect anything.

Anyway, that's how I feel about those two. If either of them makes it to the final stretch, I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for them. If neither of them makes it, then I'm just going to cast a write-in vote for Howard Dean. I still hope Howard Dean decides to run again. In fact, I wish Dean had won in 2004, and I'm going to write him an email encouraging him to run in '08. At least, I hope I'll get around to it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment