Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Product of a Discussion about Racial Stereotypes at 4am

(Taken directly from the thread. Some of the stuff at the end won't make sense to non-Proboarders)

I don't know why anyone takes stereotyping seriously. Stereotypes are right sometimes, but not often.

For example, it's a fact that the Japanese have serious repressed sexual issues, but that's only for the ones actually born and raised in Japan.

Bad driving? Please, everyone on the planet thinks they're a good driver. As it is, at least 80% of the human race sucks at driving. Probably more. Considering Asians take up a decent chunk of that, being that they're part of the human race, it's understandable how the stereotype came about. Of course, that doesn't mean none of them can drive. I'd draw you a Venn Diagram, but I'm a little too tired for that right now.

Small penis? Hell, I don't know. It could be genetic, or maybe something in the food. It sure doesn't mean it's true for all of them. Hell, there are probably plenty of black guys who have to deal with the disappointed look on their date's face when they get back to the apartment. I'm sure there are plenty of asians hung like horses. Granted, I've never seen any of them, but I don't really want to either.

So, don't get caught up in the nonsense. Everyone is unique. Hey, I'm white. I've never dated an Asian girl (though I wouldn't mind). I've never enslaved anyone or taken over their land. I don't care for hunting or NASCAR. I can't get a job to save my life. I've listened to both rap and rock in my day, and enjoyed both. I'd talk about the size of my manhood, but that could get really awkward really fast. In fact, it already has, hasn't it? Damn...

Oh, and the Italian thing: I'm not even loosely affiliated with the mafia. Most people don't find me attractive, though they agree I have great hair. The ladies in my family don't have any more hair than is considered normal.

So, to sum up, you're right to question stereotypes. They're usually not that accurate, and even when they are, it could be purely coincidental. The only reason they even exist anymore is so we can piss each other off, like how Rakk/Raul/CABAL/Insanity/Jack Nicholson rips on El Scorpio for being Irish, which I don't even think he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment