Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin Is God

I don't have much to say today, which is probably just as well, since this story easily overshadows anything I would've had to say anyway.

For those of you who haven't heard yet, on Sunday night, legendary comedian George Carlin died of heart failure at the age of 71. I know it sounds silly, but this kind of came as a shock to me. I always kind of figured Carlin was one of those guys who was going to live forever. He wasn't my idol or anything, but I was a fan of his work, and I'm sad to see him go.

Of course, a man of George Carlin's stature deserves a better send-off than I can give. I think the Associated Press did a nice obituary.

Now, for anyone unfamiliar with his work, here are a few clips so you can get a sense of what you missed.





Rest in Peace
George Denis Patrick Carlin
1937-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment