Thursday, June 26, 2008

Web of Madness

You know, a neighborhood like this one looks pretty innocent on a map. But trying driving through it at midnight, and it quickly becomes an inescapable death trap. This area, located roughly a mile and change South-East of my house, is what I refer to as the Web of Madness.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

A friend of my sister's lives in there, and I ended up driving him home last night. Being the idiot that I am, I didn't pay close enough attention on the way in, so on my way out I got pretty badly lost. I swear, this is no regular neighborhood. Roads snake around in circles and double back on each other. There are like 5 roads with the same names. For a place that appears to go in circles, there are an awful lot of dead ends. I swear, I think some of them move around like the staircases in Harry Potter.

Anyway, it only took me about 10 minutes of driving in circles to find my way out again. Not bad, considering I'd never been there before and didn't have a map or anybody to give me directions. I'm thinking I might go look back at it again if I get bored. If I can learn how to navigate around this place by mental map alone, then driving in Schenectady should be simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment