Sunday, June 29, 2008

You Neglected To Mention The Sleeper Sofa

If anyone was wondering where I've been all weekend, I was helping my aunt move. My dad was planning to take the truck to help her, and he was originally going alone. I would've simply spent my Saturday sleeping in. But, of course, my mom would have none of that. So, she managed to talk me into going along to help out.

I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea. For one, we had to get started around 8 in the morning. Usually, an earthquake couldn't wake me up at that hour. I'm not sure how I managed to get up that early and work for the next six and a half hours, but I made up for it with about 12 hours of sleep that night.

Secondly, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have the physique of an anorexic cheerleader. Heavy lifting is not my forte, you know? So, aside from carrying the lighter boxes and the mattress down the stairs, I really wasn't all that useful. I did help my aunt hook up her new dvd player, though, so I guess it wasn't a total waste.

Also, it seems we weren't the only ones helping someone move into a new apartment that day. There was a whole other family there, and unlike us, they had a U-haul. It made the elevators a little more than busy that day, so we were bumping into each other quite a bit. It was an interesting experience though.

Here's something I learned: When my dad and my uncle try (and fail) to get onto an elevator with a couch, it's tiring, sad and irritating. When three asian guys do it (and succeed), it's wildly entertaining.

Once all was done, I went home and zoned out for a while. I tried to watch Unforgiven on tv that night, but I fell asleep before the end. Well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment